Likelyhood of Mac Pro updates on the 7th?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stimpycat, Jul 30, 2007.

1. stimpycat macrumors regular

With all the talk of a new iMac hotting up and looking more and more likely that something will be announced on the 7th of August - is there any chance the Mac Pros will be updated?

I have been waiting for what seems like ever to 'switch' and am getting a bit bored of waiting :)

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

What is the upgrade that you would want to a Mac Pro? I sure wouldn't expect anything major on the Mac Pro front. Redesign seems unlikely as the new keyboard is pointing toward the iMac actually moving toward a more Mac Pro-like design.

In short, I wouldn't expect anything on August 7th regarding the Mac Pro. It's great just as it is.

3. stimpycat thread starter macrumors regular

I have an issue with buying something a year old when I know some kind of update is due this year - just seems kind of daft.

I am sure the Mac Pro in it's current state is great as you say, but hypothetically fast forward yourself a couple of months and given the choice between buying a new refreshed and updated Mac Pro and the current year old one which one would you go for?

Answer that and you'll answer your own question about why wait.

4. tobytoby macrumors member

Hmmmm - maybe I wish I had never seen MacRumors! :rolleyes: Finally thinking to myself waiting for a speed-bump is stupid I was just going to order a new MP in the next couple of days. This has got me thinking of waiting - again! :)

Out of interest, why are people taking about next Tuesday in particular?

5. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Exactly a year to the day from when the Mac Pro was first announced. Wouldn't be a bad time for Apple to make some fanfare about an all 8 core Mac Pro line, which seems possible following yesterday's Xeon processor price drops.