Lil' Wayne To Get A Year In The Lockup

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8321903.stm

US rapper Lil Wayne faces a year in prison after pleading guilty to gun charges arising from a 2007 arrest.

The 27-year-old admitted attempted criminal possession of a weapon in a plea deal and will be sentenced at New York State Supreme Court in February.

The rapper - born Dwayne Michael Carter Jr - was arrested in July 2007 when a gun was found on his tour bus after a hip-hop concert in Manhattan.

His sixth album Tha Carter III was the best-selling album in the US in 2008.

The record won best rap album at the Grammy awards in February, where Lil Wayne picked up three other prizes.
So, on a scale from one to wrong, how wrong is it of me to primarily think that it will be nice to have a year of hip-hop without any Lil' Wayne in it? :eek: :D

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
it's probably one or two steps further from wrong than my wish that whatever umm, how to put this...experiences of receiving undesired insertion, fix that wack voice of his.

If you are reading this, prisoners of the New York Penitentiary System...It fits in both ends...BOTH ENDS!!

Ericatomars

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
Chicago IL
The only reason he wants to be behind bars is because TI did it and look how popular he became.... Lil Wayne is a piece of sh*t, he acts all as if he had a hard time in time when he grew up as a little brat cuz his father Bird-Man was/is a successful rapper.

He's only doing it to get some real street cred. I say lock him up and throw away the key... too bad its only taking one p.o.s. off the street...

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
So, on a scale from one to wrong, how wrong is it of me to primarily think that it will be nice to have a year of hip-hop without any Lil' Wayne in it? :eek: :D
In my opinion far too many of these urban hip/hop wanna-bes get in trouble with the law and I wonder if that is part of the act? What message are they sending youth through the hip/hop culture that seems to glorify violence (through its lyrics) and lawlessness (though arrest and detention of many of its musicians). I say this guardedly but perhaps hip/hop is not a good model for youth to follow, if "Lil' Wayne" and like thugs are its emissaries...

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
i'm gonna put myself out there and say i'll miss him a bit... :rolleyes: i'm sure he's hard at work crafting a plan that will keep his music in the public eye

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800 Tube XpressMusic : Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/21.0.101; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Droppin' the Soap Mixtape, Vol. 47

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I've only ever seen him on a couple of award shows (MTV ones I think :rolleyes: ), initial thoughts were that he was a tit. I see no reason to change this train of thought now :p

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
Moron

The guy is a kook. At least (it seems) his popularity is on the downfall finally. I dont care if he goes to jail, I just hope that people stop buying his crap and giving him money.

jeenyusboy5

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2008
The only reason he wants to be behind bars is because TI did it and look how popular he became.... Lil Wayne is a piece of sh*t, he acts all as if he had a hard time in time when he grew up as a little brat cuz his father Bird-Man was/is a successful rapper.

He's only doing it to get some real street cred. I say lock him up and throw away the key... too bad its only taking one p.o.s. off the street...
Birdman isn't lil wanyes dad...fyi