Resolved Lime Green Umbrella used by a guy?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Carlanga, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlanga, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012

Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Just bought a Lime Green Totes Umbrella, the color is the same as the pic. Would you guys/gals consider it not the right color for a guy? I need an umbrella that is small to carry in my hospital white coat and this was the only color, but I showed it to my mom and she told me the color looks girlish? :confused:
    [​IMG]

What do YOU think?

EDIT2: I'm keeping it.

2. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Looks fine to me. If its raining and needed...why worry.

3. snberk103 macrumors 603

If you are confident in your masculinity, you can use any d*mn colour you want.

4. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

yeah, but really, who ya gonna listen to? She also told you the white coat made you look like a toff...

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You wear a white coat and worry about a green umbrella? Rock it with your cock out man. Who cares what people think?

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Anyone who's laughing at you carrying around a green umbrella in the rain should be more worried about why they didn't bother bringing one with them in the first place and running faster to wherever they need to be.

7. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

I was thinking the same thing. I would question the white coat before thinking about the color of an umbrella.

8. Carlanga, Nov 17, 2012

Carlanga thread starter macrumors 604

Carlanga

Yeah, but this one is still unused and can return. I thought the color was fine, got it for a good price - $8 at TJ Maxx, which is why I bought it.

Lol, it's an M.D. whitecoat ;)

9. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Come to my neighborhood wearing a white coat and lime green umbrella, you might no make it out of here in one piece.. I personally don't care, but some of the guys I know around here would have a field day with you..

10. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

Go for it! Tell her it's not girlish, it's sporty, which could be girlish, but I'm on your side here. Bonus feature: high visibility when crossing the street or parking lot on some days.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

But you don't wander in the rain in that though so why would it matter when speaking of an umbrella? If you're old enough to be an M.D. then I wonder why you care about the color of an umbrella.

12. Carlanga, Nov 17, 2012

Carlanga thread starter macrumors 604

Carlanga

It's to put it into the coat pocket to carry w/ me. My car is about a 10min walk from the hospital door, don't have a locker so I have to carry small items like this or they might get "misplaced" in the lounge & I do have to walk w/ the coat. Also, if you don't care on the subject or looking for semantics issues on my OP then you don't have to reply. :)

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm telling you to just use the umbrella and I'm telling you not to care about what other people think. I don't really know what your hostility is all about. Clearly you care way too much about what people think about a ****ing umbrella.

14. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Me thinks he "borrowed" the coat from the Nurse's Station and used the keys in the pocket to get off the locked ward. "Mother" is really a euphemism for the padded chair with attached restraints and the umbrella came from SuperMax, not TJ Maxx...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermax_prison

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Haha thanks for the link to wiki on supermax prisons!

16. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

didn't want to risk a "quote/link" fail... :D

17. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

If you're worried about how the color of your umbrella reflects on your, uh, masculinity, then I think you have bigger problems to wrestle.

18. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

lol....yes, truth

LOL.....yes, truth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.