- Apr 12, 2001
Limelight, from 9:42am, is a new iPhone app that is designed to allow users to create a comprehensive movie database filled with films that they have watched and films they want to watch in the future.
Unlike similar movie library apps like TodoMovies, Limelight focuses on social interactions, allowing users to follow one another to share movie recommendations among friends. It is similar to Goodreads, the social cataloging site that lets its users share book recommendations and reviews.
In addition to showing movie choices from followed users, the app displays movies in categories like popular, upcoming (to be released), in the theater, and top rated. There is a curated Editor's Choice list filled with top movie picks to further facilitate content discovery.
Limelight is an iPhone-only app that can be downloaded from the App Store for $0.99. [Direct Link]With Limelight, you can:
- Organize your entire movie library
- Keep track of movies you want to watch, and when they're released to theaters
- Follow your friends libraries, so you can always find something good to watch tonight
- Rate movies you've already seen. Let your friends know if you liked it or not!
- Browse thousands of movies. Find new movies to watch, and rekindle memories of ones you have already seen. You can get lost for days!
- Watch beautiful trailers in our custom video player designed specifically for movie trailers. Did we mention that you can use AirPlay, too?
Article Link: Limelight for iPhone Lets Users Catalog and Share Movie Choices