Limera1n iPhone 4 Never Finishes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ninjapenguin, Nov 4, 2010.

1. ninjapenguin macrumors newbie

I am currently trying to jailbreak my iPhone 4 using the latest limera1n, but for some reason when it gets to the part after entering dfu mode my phone just stays in dfu mode and no custom ipsw's get sent to it. So I have to restore my phone using iTunes to get out of it. Is there anything around this? Will I just have to use Windows to jailbreak?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I am not sure exactly what is going worng with your setup, but I can tell you that Limera1n doesn't sent any "Custom IPSW" to the phone. Limera1n exploit the bootroom (while on DFU) and them insert the jailbreaking code (that's when you see the HUGE Lime Drop in the screen), then device will reboot and a "loader" program will be on your screen, this loader program will install cydia and them remove itself.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I think you should slow down, get to a point where your non-jailbroken phone is operating as normal, then go to the iClarified website and look up the appropriate tutorial to use Limera1n to jailbreak. It is very straightforward and it sounds like you may be confusing limera1n and pwnage. Not sure.

4. ivan300 macrumors member

I had a similar issue after a recent restore. I restored once again from dfu mode and it worked as it should.