limera1n JB problem :S

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sheza, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Sheza macrumors 68000

Sheza

Hey,

I downloaded limera1n. Did the stuff, got to the recovery mode stuff. Then iTunes pops in the way of my damn limera1n window and I don't know when to release the power button. Amidst the confusion, the JB failed, and I'm now restoring my iPhone through iTunes, I've lost everything though.

Will a JB still work this second time round? This time I just make the iTunes window smaller and out of the way <.<

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

yes, but honestly what are the chances of getting a specific answer in a huge, generic thread like the one you linked to?

To the OP, my iTunes came up as well but I just ignored it and kept following the limera1n instructions. I didn't do the DFU mode right the first time but it just told me to try again - so I did and the second time around it worked flawlessly.

did you sync with itunes before updating? in that case you can just restore your backup and all your settings etc. should be restored...

4. redwings13 macrumors newbie

does limera1n work? i dont understand by everyone is flipping out in other topics about him being a fag if it works?

5. Sheza thread starter macrumors 68000

Sheza

@fabian09: I last synced on 29th Sept. Restored a backup from that fine.

Had a mini heart attacked twice though <.< iPhone wouldn't turn on at all at first and then had to be re-activated with O2 D:

6. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

It works fine. the drama is that every time a jailbreak is developed it takes an exploit to get it to work - i.e. a hole in apples code for the jailbreak developers to inject their hack through. so now the danger is that 2 exploits are made known to apple, which means apple can fix both of them in the next update. possible exploits are becoming rare and harder to find. so that's why some people are getting pissed of.

yeh it would do that. september 29th is quite old though, so you'll probably be missing a few text messages and photos etc. no big deal though i suppose.

7. Sheza thread starter macrumors 68000

Sheza

Restored fine..

Might give it ago tomorrow. To freaked out for today though :L