Limewire for iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by MomoRacer, Jun 25, 2009.

1. MomoRacer macrumors member

Hey all. I was just wondering if there is an app that is like a limewire equivalent for the iPod touch and iPhone. If there is is it possible to do like the iTunes app and put the music right into your music library on the iPod?

2. gillboyswims96 macrumors regular

i know for a fact that once you jail brake your ipod there is "d tunes" and that is it.

i just dont really know how to use it cuz mine isnt jailbroken...

3. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

well my ipod is jailbroken and i have installed d-tunes once, it was ok but it was more for torrenting and no application can insert the music directly into your library (meaning no itunes sync with the music) because itunes assigns a key to each song as it places it on your ipod.

4. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

dTunes, and Torrentula

As stated though you will end up with two libraries. I dont mind. I keep my videos in dtunes, and audio in iTunes.

5. MomoRacer thread starter macrumors member

6. Robedom macrumors newbie

If you are using 3.0, then dTunes would be the best. But if you have 2.2.1 then mewseek pro is the best. You have to pay for it, but it transfers the songs to your library.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would never use limewire on my iPhone. That's an accident waiting to happen.

8. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

Limewire is garbage! Torrents are some what safer... I doubt anything malicious could get into your phone though. It would be like trying to run a virus on OS X.

9. bbokainen macrumors newbie

there is a jailbroken app called Mewseek which is way easier than d tunes but i use both:D:apple:

10. wilXmassacre macrumors newbie

Thank You

Every other eTard I see talking about this is like "zOMG OHNOEZ I CAN HAZ VYRUZZ ON TEH IPOOD?? TROJANZZ? NUUUUUUUU"

Refreshing to see someone not talking out of their ass just to hear themselves talk.

Again... Ty lol

11. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

No doubt.

Logical people are hard to find... especially on the net.