Limewire & Frostwire issues (and torrent issues)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Maren2571, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Maren2571 macrumors newbie

So I got the leopard update a few months ago, and afterward, i was experiencing no issues with my programs.
    I use limewire/frostwire for a vast majority of my downloads, as something with my internet causes torrents to be so slow downloads have predicted download times of weeks and months.

A few weeks ago however, i began experiencing a problem with the program(s)
    The application would start up, give me it's "tip of the day" and tell me to upgrade to pro. However, when i began searching, i realized that there was no connection!
    maybe just a slow day, i thought. but i sat back and waited and no connection started.
    it simply said "startign connection..."
    for hours.
    i even left it on throughout the entire course of a day, and it never connected.
    Frostwire had the same exact issue.
    now people have told me to use torrent programs like azerus instead, but torrents tell me they will be done downloading in months on my computer, and im certainly not willing to wait that long to download a simple song :/

can anyone help me find either an alternative program, or help me figure out how to fix its connection issue or my torrent problem?

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Two things:
    • Check your security settings in system preferences.
    -Your firewall may be blocking traffic​
    • Check your router and make sure you have forwarded ports properly

3. Maren2571 thread starter macrumors newbie

tried toning down firewall, even temporarily disabling it.
    no change.

ports checked. same performance :(

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

You could try Acquisition, but it sounds like it's an internet issue, not a program issue, so idk how much of a difference Acquisition will have...good luck.

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

6. Maren2571 thread starter macrumors newbie

if it's an internet issue, wouldn't it hinder my other applications as well?