Limewire help.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Caris, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Hey guys i have just put a fresh version of Leopard on my computer today but while i was putting all my app's back on i have noticed Limewire doesn't want to work.

[​IMG]

This is what i'm getting when i try to set it up, even if i choose a different folder or none at all it won't work

Any ideas?

2. sil3nc3 macrumors regular

Is the version up to date? I know that my Pro version is 4.14. otherwise, I'm not sure. Are there any Admin restrictions on your computer/drive?

3. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

Make sure that the version of lime-wire that you are downloading is compatible with leopard. Also, make sure that you are on the admin account when installing it. Lime-wire for mac can be tricky because it wasn't originally intended for use on macs. It has many problems and bugs that have yet to be resolved in the free version. If you can, buy pro.

4. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

I have used this version loads before, how do i make sure i'm running it as a admin?

5. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

Go to system preferences and click on user accounts. It should say if you on an admin account or a standard account...

6. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

Yeah i'm a admin, so is pro alot better i might just download it.

I don't get it i have installed this a million times before though...

7. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

Pro is much better. There is always more hosts and downloads are much faster. You also get better search results.

8. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

I have removed Limewire from my other iMac and reinstalled the latest version and it's done the same thing. It must be a bug in the latest version...