LimeWire not working on my Mac??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zorra, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Zorra macrumors newbie

I'm a new Mac user (PowerBook G4) and i've downloaded LimeWire 3 times now and it doesn't want to work. I get the disk image, downloaded it, got the LimeWire icon, but when I click on the icon it bounces 2 or 3 times then disappear. Please help :confused:

2. sup3r1or macrumors regular

You are out of luck with G4, look at the their website for system requirements:

Minimum requirements:
    OS X 10.5 64 bit Intel only, OS X 10.6 32 and 64 bit

You can either try to find a very old version, if they had any for G4. But Dont worry if you cant use it, I had latest version on my Intel MBP and it slowed system down so much that I could barely use it. Lags were everywhere so I deleted it.

Bittorrent is my advice.

3. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

i think limewire works great. I use the pro version i paid for though. no ads or anything. works fast

4. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

It has been a few years since I have tried Limewire. Based on that experience, I have to ask, what is the draw to install that program? It only caused me loads of headaches and worry.

5. UpDownAeroplane macrumors member

6. sup3r1or macrumors regular

Ok 1st limewire network (not the program itself) is fully of viruses and spyware.

to those asking what is good about it? To download music (song by song) in case you do no want a whole album.

Last time I installed limewire pro 2 months ago, my mac became slowly unusable when it was working so I had to force quit it.

Honestly, I have been using BiTTorrent to fulfil my needs for more than 6 years and I still do not think there will be any better thing in the future.

7. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

i use Transmission bittorrent and also limewire when i am missing some songs. I didnt encounter any problems with it at all. never had any viruses, i dont know what you people are talking about. before i download i always read the full details of the file.

8. jchang23 macrumors newbie

this might work, try it out.
    http://www.oldversion.com/LimeWire.html

9. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

Is Limewire still a file sharing network? How about paying for music and supporting the artist?