limewire question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ROGERWILCO357, Sep 6, 2009.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

ok I was wondering is it safe to use limewire for downloads ? If so how many people have tried this service with or without problems. guess I want to know if anyone has had problems with virus's?

2. Nams42 macrumors newbie

Limewire is a virus machine. But I don't know why you would want to download anything from there, or why you posted that in this forum, but regardless, don't download anything from there, legal or not.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It is against the rules to ask for questions that would help in the downloading of things illegally, which it would seem like you were doing.

But, to be clear. Limewire is known to be awful in terms of giving people viruses and slowing down their computer.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Limewire is pretty much only a threat for viruses if you are using a PC.

5. Nams42 macrumors newbie

I'm not sure there is much legal content for download in limwire. Torrents I can understand. @roger, if you were planning on downloading music illegally, please don't. If not, hope to see you around the forum :)

6. PC Killer macrumors newbie

Limewire

I have used on a PC, i didn't get any viruses but it did slow it down. Especially if your trying to run multiple application. I use it all the time though.

7. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

There is legal content that can be downloaded in Limewire. Limewire even warns you when content you find is copyrighted and therefore illegal to download. I'm not sure why when someone asks a question about how to use this application, they get a lecture on the evils of illegal downloading. Perhaps we should save the discussion of illegal downloading for a thread on that topic.

On topic, I have used Limewire very sparingly in the distant past to download historical speeches and the like and never had any problems with viruses AFAIK. I also know many PC users who use it extensively and say they have no problems with viruses or security threats.

8. jw2002 macrumors 6502

Totally agree. Such moralizing posts where people make snap judgements because of a question about Limewire really are off-topic and belong in Community Discussion or Wasteland.

And on topic, I thought Limewire jumped the shark in 2004. People still use it today??????