Limewire, will it slow down or give my mac viruses?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 234412, Oct 17, 2008.

1. 234412 Guest

Hey yeah I want to d.l limewire but I've just bought my iMac and don't want to slow it down or ruin it by getting viruses even thought its rare on a mac or something? Anyway can people give me some opinions :)

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

LimeWire is junk, and though you won't get viruses (there aren't any to get), it will be slow and stupid. Try Acquisition or Cabos for the same tasks.

jW

3. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Only viruses of your mind (seriously Limewire was popular like back in 03, I wouldn't think there would be anything quality on there except for RIAA agents spoofing things and 50 yr old moms trying to grab the latest clay aiken.)

4. theimacdude macrumors member

theimacdude

Not trying to sound like a mini mod, I believe this talk is against the rules.... Anyway, yeah don't download Limewire, I read in Macworld UK magazine, there was a reported trojan, that is received through limewire, so stay well away, I wont recommend anything because I don't want to risk my account.

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

acquisition is a better app than limewire IMO... except for the nagging and caps...

6. gothamm macrumors 6502a

limewire works great for me.

what you do is....

download and run limewire...in the search tab, type "limewire pro" and download that. now replace limewire with limewire pro and you've got yourself a great app.