LimeWire

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacBoy108, Nov 14, 2007.

1. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

I don't use limewire but this guy at the Apple store told me that its very bad for macs. He said to imagine a mac like a spider web and limewire like a stick messing it all up (Interesting metaphor huh? He looked just like Buddah too) So does anybody know how Limewire is bad for a mac? Thanks.

2. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

I never had problems with it when I ran it years ago before the iTMS.

3. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

I don't run it much now. However in the early days it was crap. The main problem is its a Java App and earlier it did not play nice with OSX. But I have not had problems with it in years (with very limited use in the last year or so).

4. MacBoy108 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

Hmmm, I have a friend who uses it on his MacBook Pro and he never has any problems either. I just wonder why the Apple store guy (Jason) would make such a big deal about it.

5. mca7 macrumors member

I haven't had any problems with it until i upgraded to leopard. now it takes forever to initially load the program, after that though all is good.

6. MetalMac macrumors member

MetalMac

hmm

well i had no problems until one day, i opened limewire and as soon as i'd close the tip window it would "unexpectedly quit", so i uninstalled it. just after that i started having internet pauses on safari...
    is this just a bug from safari?
    does safari 3 (final) fix this?

7. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

Don't use Limewire. Acquisition is far better. It's a native Cocoa app and uses the same Gnutella network as Limewire.

8. Jaguar127 macrumors newbie

Jaguar127

Limewire for 10.2

I say that guy is full of crap! I LOVE Limewire. I have used the heck out of it since 1999 with no problems. I recently just found an older version link if any one needs it works with 10.2.8 Jaguar which is what I have.

http://mac.oldapps.com/limewire.php?old_limewire=11#Download

Happy Downloading!

Why the old link? If you have the Original iMac G4 you can only upgrade to Tiger I think, if you can find it (not on dvd). 700mhz has no Superdrive to play DVDs. If it ain't Broke don't fix it! It still works Great for all my needs, e-mail, internet search, burning CDRs, watching Video clips.

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Limewire works perfectly, and best of all no viruses from it. :)

10. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

11. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

Thanks for bringing back a two year old thread...