Limit 1 per person OR 1 per account??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lobster512, Jun 22, 2010.

1. lobster512 macrumors newbie

I've been trying to figure out what the limit on the iphones will be. I've looked around but I'm still a little confused, so if you guys could help a noob out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I want to open a new account with 2 lines for my brother and I. I've read two different things: There is a limit to one phone per account vs There is a limit on 1 phone per person. Which one is it? Because if it's the latter, that would mean we'd both be able to get one. Oh, and we will both be present at time of purchase.

Thanks in advance!!

2. kyleaa macrumors regular

From what I understand it is one per person for new lines, one per line of service on existing accounts.

3. lobster512 thread starter macrumors newbie

So, does that mean if there are two of us, we'll be able to get 2 phones on the same account? Or is still only 1 per person per account no matter how many people are there and how many lines?

4. Mjmar macrumors 65816

One per person, even if they're on the same account. So yes, you can get 2 phones on the same account.

5. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

I have two lines on my Family Plan account and confirmed with the manager of the local Apple Store that I'll be able to buy two iPhones on Thursday. He told me 2 is the limit.

6. lobster512 thread starter macrumors newbie