limit on buying iphone4 per customer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ansabakhan, Jun 14, 2010.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

is there a limit on i phone ? i need to get 5 as i will be switching from Verizon ...also what if i change my sim from iphone to a another phone in few months do i still need to keep data plan or can i drop it as its not a smart phone?

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

If you need five iPhones, you will need five people!

As per the contract that you "sign", you need to keep the data plan or they can tack it back on.

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

why would i need 5 people if i am getting a family share plan just like i did with verizon? if i get a iphone for my dad who is older and doesn't get use to it, cant i just keep the line and switch phone to another basic non-smartphone type and drop data on that line?

4. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

new customers can only order one phone per person. existing customers can order one phone per line they have with att.

5. fuzion macrumors 6502

I think its one per person in store, and one per household online.. On launch day anyways.

6. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

that doesn't make sense what if i want more then one phone on one bill/plan?

7. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

That is what AT&T said. If you have a smartphone, you need the accompanying data plan. If you have problems with it, you need to call AT&T or not switch over to them.

8. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

better head over to your local dicks and pick up some sleeping bags for you and the fam because you will be camping out if you want it any other way.