limit OS X files from being viewed in Windows 7 (boot camp)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Merkyworks, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

I have a MBP running the latest 10.6 build that Apple has released. I run OS X and Windows 7 off of a SSD in the hard drive bay and use a larger HDD in the optical bay for my media and other files. I have partitioned the HDD for Mac OS Extended and Windows NTFS.

I want to make it so that if I am in Windows 7 I can still access the HDD and the files on the NTFS partition but not be able to access some of the Mac OS files/folders on the OS Extended partition.

How do I do this?

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

I would think that FileVault would do the trick.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Windows 7 cannot natively read or write to Mac OS Extended (HFS+) volumes. If you don't install software like MacDrive, you will not be able to read anything on the Mac partition. In other words, you don't have to do anything to get the behavior you're asking for.

jW

4. Merkyworks thread starter macrumors 6502

ok I must apologize I dont know why I thought I made my Mac HDD partition Mac OS Extended, I made it exFAT.

...so how do I make Windows 7 still access the HDD and the files on the NTFS partition but not be able to access some of the exFAT partition files/folders?