Limit to how many iPhones you can buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rml4uk, Oct 26, 2011.

1. rml4uk macrumors member

I was at the Apple store in Lexington, KY last week getting an issue with my MBP resolved. As I was leaving, I saw something interesting. On the Genius Bar counter, there was a little sign titled "iPhone Purchase Guidelines". It said iPhone purchases are limited to two a day, which has been the case from day one with the original iPhone. However, it also said "Lifetime purchases limited to ten". Has anyone else seen/noticed this before? I wonder if that means 10 per person or ten per credit card? Guess that means I won't be getting anything after the iPhone 7 (if the 3G/3GS, 4/4S pattern keeps up).

2. rml4uk thread starter macrumors member

Here's a picture I took of the sign for all of you "pics or it didn't happen" fans :)

Attached Files:

3. BAZ1307 macrumors member

Isn't that just 10 of one specific type of iPhone from one specific Apple Store? Like, maybe it's just there to stop those people who buy and sell things in bulk? Unless you're planning on buying more than 10 of each iPhone model from that single Apple Store alone, then there's no need to worry.

I doubt you'll ever have to worry about buying the next generation of iPhone, limiting users in that way would just be stupid.