Limit to Number of iPhones Purchasable

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hellrider, Jun 18, 2009.

1. hellrider macrumors regular

I called AT&T, they said that only one iPhone per customer in their retail stores. I assume that is not the case for Apple Retail stores, right? They should have more phones in stock. :confused:

2. levpa05 macrumors member

How Many to purchase

I believe the limit is based on number of lines. If you have two lines you can get two phones, one line, one phone. I ordered 2, we have a family plan with 2 iPhones on it currently.

3. iGary Guest

iGary

4. w3cum macrumors regular

Interesting Conversation with AT&T CSR

On my way home sitting in traffic.. (outside DC) .... I called AT&T to basically screw with them and see where my 3Gs is. I ordered it last night so I really have no expectations of getting it anytime soon. BUT.. I got ahold of a CSR who either was really bored... had way to much time on his hands or was a damn good liar....

He researched my account and saw when I ordered the phone. Said that since they cant ship them till tommorow that the account will update tommorow. so I asked about it being on back order.... he researched it and found that 3 out of the 4 US warehouses are already out of them and they are ordering more. Of course the warehouse that mine is coming from is out of them already so it will be a few days before they restock.

so either this guy is full of S**T or it will be a few more days before a lot of people get their phones.

thought I would pass this along

5. omerbaker macrumors member

Last week I went to an Apple store and then an AT&T store to ask this exact question. The Apple rep said 1 iPhone per purchase/account (not 1 per line). The AT&T rep said 1 iPhone per person (2 lines/1 account ok if 2 people are there, ie: husband & wife both present = 2 iPhones). Maybe one rep or the other or both were incorrect, but that's what I was told.

I ended up buying 2 iPhones online with a Premier account. Probably won't get them tomorrow, but oh well.

6. outphase macrumors 65816

I have an existing account with 1 line. I am getting a 2nd line added for a friend who will be porting in a number to a family plan with me. I was able to get 2 iPhones provided that there were two separate transactions.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

i'M sure

if you came in paying the non contract price $600 & $700 I bet they let you walk out with more then one. but there is probably a twitter out there that people should be able to get as many as they want for the $200/$300 price

8. hellrider thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on a family plan with four lines, and I plan on purchasing 2 iPhones at the $199 price. I've pre-ordered them (with the same account info) on Apple's website and have told them I will go to a store.

9. levpa05 macrumors member

Purchase

If you purchase an iPhone for 600-700 then you are buying it with out contract, which I don't believe there is a limit (except for what's in stock). If you are purchasing with a contact you would at least get the early upgrade price that would be 100 less each on the above prices.

The two I purchased were on a family plan, each purchase under a different phone number but name, cc #, shipping address (obviously) are all the same. So I am not sure if it's by number or by person, but I was able to get 2 to replace the 2 we have.

10. hellrider thread starter macrumors regular

I'm in the same situation as you. Good news for me. :)

11. JGruber macrumors 6502

When I got my iPhone and my wifes, I walked into an apple store and bought 2 of them, ported both the numbers while I wanted, no problems for me at all, I do qualify for 5 lines as well, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

12. ind0fo0 macrumors newbie

Wow wait! I called ATT store last week, as I need 3 iPhones, and I'm the only family member who can make it to an ATT store during a weekday... They said only 1 person needs to be there... Was I lied to?

13. ind0fo0 macrumors newbie

Bump.

14. WilliamG macrumors 604

I was told only I needed to be there, to pick up both my 32GB 3GS phones (wifey and me).

15. ind0fo0 macrumors newbie

Thanks for confirming!