limitations on apple repairs/fixes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bryann9182, Aug 25, 2011.

1. bryann9182 macrumors regular

If my phone is under warranty, can I take my phone to the apple store for anything? My problem is that my home button is either not properly seated, or cut too small and it double clicks, makes a crunch sound when it clicks in. It doesn't happen all the time, but i'd say close to 40-50% of the time it does. Is this something that someone at an Apple store could fix/replace for me?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. bryann9182 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright well like I said, it only happens like 40% of the time when I use the phone. So what if I take it to the store and it just happens to be working fine when I take it to them?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They're usually pretty about giving out replacements.
    Explain to them what happens and that you cant always replicate it and they'll take care of you.
    You can also do it thru the mail if you dont want to go in and talk to anyone.
    Up to you.

5. bryann9182 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright cool. I'll take it to them and see what they can do. I wonder if I would be able to get the white model as a replacement instead of the black. :p

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

No. Plenty of people have asked this question and the answer is no

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not.