Limited Apps in my Country's App Store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LadyX, Mar 18, 2012.

1. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

There are a lot of games and other apps in the US App Store that I'd very much like to download and that are not available in my country's store. I also like to read users reviews before purchasing an app but there are very little reviews posted, unlike the US store. So can I set the App Store to the US even though I'm not in the US? Will I have problems using the apps, updating them, etc.?

Same goes for the iBookstore, very small collection of books. Can I change the country to the US?

2. donnaw macrumors 65816

The only way I know of it to get a VPN with servers located in the US or UK. You'll also need a credit card or some type of payment with an address in another country. Basically you're trying to fool Apple to get around the limitation. If you have a bank account in some other country without the limitations it would help.

Sorry but the UAE has some pretty restrictive requirements that Apple must abide by.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Unfortunately, no. As posted above, it's the UAE restrictions that apply here...You can't switch an account to download content that's available elsewhere. Apple are bound by law here, if the government in the UAE deems an app unsuitable, then it stay's off the list I'm afraid. I wouldn't try to circumvent the process either....You might end up in trouble.