Limited Quantities?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zackwhitman, Mar 7, 2012.

1. zackwhitman macrumors member

I thought it said limited quantities? they aren't even sold out yet and its 10PM on the east coast. how fast did the iPad 2 sell out for preorders?

2. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

they did not have pre orders for iPad 2. I waited in line for 7 hours......

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

4. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I didn't think the iPad 2 had preorders?

Not everyone shells out for an iPad every year. Yes it's popular, but it's also expensive.

I'm sure it'll sell out by tomorrow or Friday though.

5. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

ugh preorder 5pm launch, brings back scary memories lol

At least apple knows how to put up a fun launch

6. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

i remember the 4S Preorder sold out really quick man , but then again thats an iphone, much more affordable.

the ipad 3 will sell like hot cakes as well, its just a matter of time.

i think they prepared A LOT of stock for the preorders thats why they didn't sell out.

7. gwen1o macrumors member

gwen1o

There were no preorders for the iPad 2.

Even though the website was crashing and/or very slow right after the Media Event ended, I believe the fact that they are not sold out for launch day deliveries speaks volumes for Mr. Cook and his crew. They obviously anticipated the demand and did their best to stock sufficient inventory.

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I personally think the huge demand for the iPad 2 that we saw last year means that a lot of people that want an iPad have already got one, the general public don't really seem fussed with having the latest and greatest (a bit different for us gadget geeks though). Either that or Apple has increased production substantially in preparation for the launch to try and avoid what happened last year, but still anticipating a shortage of some degree.

9. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Here's a reply from an official Apple representative (via live chat) regarding selling out (it will NOT sell out online, but it will just extend the delivery date depending on when you place your order):

10. bjmach macrumors 6502

oh no you just opened a can of worms, now everyone is gonna worry lmao

11. icydog macrumors member

I took me over30 minutes to order mine cause the site kept crashing. I think that's a strong indication there's a lot buying going on. I'll bet they sell out tonight for the March 16th date.

12. lilo777 macrumors 603

Apple web sites always crash (remember problems with Mobile Me, Siri etc.). It's an indication of their web incompetency rather than strong sales.

13. icydog macrumors member

I don't know I have ordered a lot of iPads and computers on the Apple.com website and this is the first time it happened to me. All my 5 kids got iPads for Christmas and last year they all got MacBook Airs. I know --I'm crazy:confused:

14. ktmracer350 macrumors member

It's an indication of heavy traffic when the site is bogged down or is crashing which more then likely means strong sales.

15. note235 macrumors 6502a

it took me over an hour and a half
    kept crashing on iphone and laptop
    didnt get confirmation yet

16. zackwhitman thread starter macrumors member

yeah they never sell out, thats what happened last year too, just pushed it to 1-2weeks then 2-3 weeks, and then 3-4 weeks