Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Erwin-Br

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2008
The Netherlands
Sorry for being off topic, but what do you mean by checking for iPods/iPhones?
And why especially for Apple products?
Is it the thing where you can get your iPod/iPhone/Notebook confiscated if you have it when flying into the US?
I thought that was only in Austrailia and thought it wasn't being greatly enforced.

No, no, I mean people buying Apple stuff for cheap because of the low Dollar against our Euro, and because Apple is selling their stuff relatively expensive here. That's not why they check your bags, of couse: it's because you have to declare items when they're over a 250 Euro's, to pay taxes. Of course nobody does that, hence the checks.

bdude

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
No, no, I mean people buying Apple stuff for cheap because of the low Dollar against our Euro, and because Apple is selling their stuff relatively expensive here. That's not why they check your bags, of couse: it's because you have to declare items when they're over a 250 Euro's, to pay taxes. Of course nobody does that, hence the checks.

Just take the iPod out of its box and say you bought it at home. Then maybe post the box back home if you really need it.

mikey.f

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2006
Slovakia
The 4 gigs are available also in Slovakia - for €159... Which is a really silly price, considering that the 8gigs go for €166. Also, the 4gigs are not available in black here. (Neither in red, but we can't buy any product red here anyway...)

krnageskillz

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2008
Rumor is 100% true. I have in my hot hands a 4Gb Blue iPod Nano 4Th generation. It was sold as a "limited edition" from Jb Hi Fi in Australia for AUD$166. It is still sealed am considering opening as I want to check out the new features but it might be worth big $$$$ very soon as its so rare that :apple: doesn't list its existence on their website.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I'm actually glad the USA won't get the 4 GB version of the 4G nano--it doesn't make sense considering that TV shows can hog hundreds of megabytes of on-player storage just for a single 42-minute episode! :eek: Besides, if you can get the Creative ZEN portable music player for US$179.99 for the 16 GB model, Apple needs to make sure they offer a 16 GB nano at a competitive price, too.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I'm actually glad the USA won't get the 4 GB version of the 4G nano--it doesn't make sense considering that TV shows can hog hundreds of megabytes of on-player storage just for a single 42-minute episode! :eek: Besides, if you can get the Creative ZEN portable music player for US$179.99 for the 16 GB model, Apple needs to make sure they offer a 16 GB nano at a competitive price, too.

Have you noticed when Apple had a 4GB nano for $149 Microsoft priced their 4GB Zune at $129.

kyle6477

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2008
I don't remember if it was here or not, but I saw it discussed somewhere that the 4GB model was originally planned but was dropped for the 16 GB so Apple could directly compete with Microsoft, who shipped new versions of its Zune players with 8GB at $149 and 16GB at $199. Sound familiar?

Sulis

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2006
This might have been muted elsewhere, but just noticed the pricepoint of the 4gb is £95 - exactly the Back to School UK rebate. Seems quite clear from that, as the offer has always been a free ipod, that dropping the 4gb was a genuinely late decision, with the UK promo originally going to be a free 4gb, rather than still leaving £14 to pay for an 8gb.

markschell

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2008
They exist here in Canada. I just got my shipment of 9 units. And there are Product Red Models as well.

Mark

nowind

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2008
I purchased the 4GB (product) red version last week... I'm satisfied with
the amount of storage, as well as the price: $130 on my nearby
military base.

couldn't be more pleased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.