General Limiting Location Service Time

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
California
Is there a tweak out there to limit the time Location Services looks for your location. The weather app on my iPhone 5 has been requesting my location a lot within the last few days. I was sitting in the movie theater on friday night and noticed my phone really hot and pulled it out and it had gone through 30% of my battery just sitting there. Turned off location services till I got outside and everything was fine. So I got to thinking, is there a tweak out there that allows you to set a timeout for location services if it cant find your location within the amount of time you set? Does anyone know of something like this?

TheSlimOne

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
We really need the auto-location tweak that was out there for ios 4. Dude never did an update for ios and hasn't done it for 6 either.

lukejc1

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Try looking in Settings>Notifications>Weather Widget>Refresh and see if there is an option to change the frequency you weather will update itself.

I have the option on my phone but I'm not sure if it's just an option with LockInfo.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
California
Try looking in Settings>Notifications>Weather Widget>Refresh and see if there is an option to change the frequency you weather will update itself.

I have the option on my phone but I'm not sure if it's just an option with LockInfo.
Perfect man. Just what I was looking for. It is in stock ios. I didn't even think to go into Notifications. Thank You bumping it back to hourly instead of every 15 mins.