Limits of a black macbook

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Strigoitsepesh, May 23, 2009.

1. Strigoitsepesh macrumors newbie

I have a black macbook with 2 gigs of ram and a GMA-950 graphics chip. While running Windows on Boot Camp I run games on Steam and other PC games/programs (obviously.) What would any of you say is the limit to my gaming on my computer while under Windows? Is there some way to improve the graphics drivers? Would Team Fortress 2 be out of the question?

I wasn't sure whether to put this under the Windows side of things or the "Apple Gaming" side, so I apologize if I chose wrong.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Yeah. That's about as far as you can go. I never could gt TF2 working properly on a GMA950 mini.

3. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

GMA950 TF2 would be a no go, on another comp I have w/ x3100 it struggles a bit, so yeah you'd have problems - prob just slideshow if you're lucky lol

4. gregorsamsa macrumors 6502a

(Metamorphosing near) Staffs, 51st State.
    Indeed. If you have an older MacBook or Mini, you can pretty much forget any meaningful gaming. :eek: Some benchmarks for old & new MacBooks + MBPs:

Benchmarks: MacBook & games

5. Blair230 macrumors regular

I wouldnt say forget meaningful gaming...just the more modern or 3D intensive ones.

There are plenty of older games out there that will play just fine...it all depends on what you like to play. Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo all can be played on it.

I even hear tell of people getting Halo to run on integrated graphics. There is a demo out there so you can check to see if it runs.

Just because its old doesnt mean you have to throw it away :D