Line 6 POD Studio UX2

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MacNuber, Aug 8, 2012.

1. MacNuber macrumors newbie

Does anyone out here own the Line 6 POD Studio UX2? If so, can it be used like an external sound card for an iMac to send the sound from iTunes, movies, games, etc. to studio monitors? I know that it will send sound to the monitors when using compatible recording software, but I am wondering if it can do double duty.

Thanks

2. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

yes it works perfectly to use as outputs and inputs ive used it before, although one buddy of mine was saying that it was giving him kernel panics every time he plug it in however that must something to do with his computer. so yeah just install the drivers that comes on the cd and make sure when you go to audio setting the ux2 is selected as your audio unit.. you cant use your volume up and down and the keyboard though you gonna have to use the ux2 to control the volume using the volume nob

3. MacNuber thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I figured it should work that way, but I wanted to see if anyone else had actual hands on experience. What do you think of the product as an interface?

4. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

its pretty good, i mean its not the best of best! but it works very good for the price, the pre amps are decent.. if youre starting out for audio recording a ux2 is a very good way to start.