Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
As I get more into this world of Jailbreaking I'm starting to see a trend. . Especially in the Theme world.

I'm picking up on guys that are into Themes such as. . Classica 3, Suave HD, Black UPS and Glasklart.
Then you've got the very detailed themers. With themes like. . Nine HD, Classified HD, Elite PRO and XHD from guys like Zausser, Barsoverbeats and K_Nitsua.

Is it just me or does this "Line in the Sand" exist?
If so, why?

Just an observation. . .

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
As I get more into this world of Jailbreaking I'm starting to see a trend. . Especially in the Theme world.

I'm picking up on guys that are into Themes such as. . Classica 3, Suave HD, Black UPS and Glasklart.
Then you've got the very detailed themers. With themes like. . Nine HD, Classified HD, Elite PRO and XHD from guys like Zausser, Barsoverbeats and K_Nitsua.

Is it just me or does this "Line in the Sand" exist?
If so, why?

Just an observation. . .

haha you have it all wrong. IMO

Themes like NineHD are lazier auto icon creation and have masks that sit on top of every single icon making it look 100% complete.

The people who make glassklart are the ones working, putting icons into psd's in photoshop and naming them correctly and then distributing.

Zord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
haha you have it all wrong. IMO

Themes like NineHD are lazier auto icon creation and have masks that sit on top of every single icon making it look 100% complete.

The people who make glassklart are the ones working, putting icons into psd's in photoshop and naming them correctly and then distributing.

You know I didn't think about it that way. . Very good point man.

I really respect the ones who are putting all the effort into all the Photoshop work. I've played around with that stuff and it's not easy!

Barneygumble47

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
N. Ireland
You know I didn't think about it that way. . Very good point man.

I really respect the ones who are putting all the effort into all the Photoshop work. I've played around with that stuff and it's not easy!

Yeah it takes a lot to make a theme, I tried once and had to give up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.