Line Switcharoo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alansmallen, Jul 20, 2010.

1. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

Hey guys I'm looking to get my grandma an iPhone so I have to do a little bit of line tinkering and wanted to know what the best way to do it was. Both numbers talked about are on family plans.

I have LINE A on verizon and LINE B on AT&T. I want to move the Verizon line to AT&T and get the iPhone ane move the AT&T line to verizon. The verizon phone number would become an AT&T number and vice versa. I can't lose the numbers.

How do you guys suggest I do this?

Thanks!
    Alan

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Just sign up with AT&T, get an iphone and have them port her number from verizon.
    And same thing with Verizon. They can port her number from AT&T and cancell the account.
    You will be responsible for any ETF fee's if any of those lines are still under contract with their current providers.

3. alansmallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

But won't I lose the AT&T number if I port the verizon number in it's place

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, you will keep the same number. You dont port anything in its place. Each one is done individually as seperate accounts and numbers.
    You are just switching companies and keeping the phone numbers the same. Why would you lose it? Where would it go. You just gotta tell AT&T you want to port a number from a verizon account and tell Verizon the same.
    Call up and talk to your carrier to get more info and details though.