Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MatthewAbate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Hi! I have noticed a line going horizontal through my entire Macbooks screen. I first noticed it with only 1 line, but in the past three days i have seen up to 5 lines across the screen, all very close to each other. It used to go away if i tilted my screen back, but now it just goes away for about 5 seconds then comes back. There is nothing else wrong with this Macbook, and i have had it since 2009! also, the line changes color to match what is on the screen, like if i have a black photo where the line touches, that part of the line will slowly turn black. What do you think is going on?:confused:

Tander

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi! I have noticed a line going horizontal through my entire Macbooks screen. I first noticed it with only 1 line, but in the past three days i have seen up to 5 lines across the screen, all very close to each other. It used to go away if i tilted my screen back, but now it just goes away for about 5 seconds then comes back. There is nothing else wrong with this Macbook, and i have had it since 2009! also, the line changes color to match what is on the screen, like if i have a black photo where the line touches, that part of the line will slowly turn black. What do you think is going on?:confused:

Sounds like a faulty cable between the board and screen.

Mr Rabbit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
'merica
Sounds like either a bad LCD panel or bad LVDS (video connection) cable. Depending on the model and your comfort level you might try disassembling the display housing to reseat the LVDS connection to see if it improves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.