Lined up at the Apple store ...no line

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
I’m at the Apple store . I came here at midnight and there was 6 people. Now I’m back at 4 and there’s still 6 people . This is the weakest line up I have ever seen. I coulda used the sleep . Hope I get my watch.

Reactions: rjp1

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Good luck. As long as they have 7 sounds like you will be ok. Interested to hear what the selection is like.

Marzel

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2018
That's good. It means people finally realise how much more convenient ordering online is. Also, lines are formed when there are stock issues with the new products and it's pretty obvious that this year the new iPhones are widely available around the world with no shortages. There are shortages with the Apple Watch but it's not as popular as the iPhone so small or no lines are expected.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

slowbro

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
There will be plenty depending on the popularity of the store i reckon. I went to the biggest one in my city, came out with the hermès edition. They had every type in stock.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I’m at the Apple store . I came here at midnight and there was 6 people. Now I’m back at 4 and there’s still 6 people . This is the weakest line up I have ever seen. I coulda used the sleep . Hope I get my watch.
Most people probably realize (pick one):

A. Its only a phone
B. You can order online
C. You can walk into carrier store and buy it.
D. All of the above.

I understand this is in the watch forum, but most people line up at the apple store for the phone :)

Reactions: AlliFlowers

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Pre-ordering online is so efficient now, especially with launch day delivery, I can actually have my Apple products delivered to my door almost at the same time Apple would open their doors for the start of a business day.

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
I ordered a phone for my dad and I and his watch and realized I wanted the watch. Only 2 people in line are getting the watch so hopefully I’ll be alright . They gotta have at least one stainless steel

jwzimm

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2017
I went to my local Store and they said they have no stock for purchase today. They said there will be stock tomorrow morning though. Weird.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I think the days of the long lines of launch day are a thing of the past largely.
This.

Shipping and the options available for in store pick up have gotten so good lining up is a thing of the past.

rugmankc

Contributor
Sep 24, 2014
Dayton Ohio Apple Store

Went to Launch this morning. 50-60 people in line. I just parked till 7:55 since I knew no S4’s would be there. And they weren't. Since I was just looking, I got to go in at 8am. Those with reservations had to sign in and wait outside till called. S4 looked nice. Seemed to be same physical size as my S0, just wider display with no bezels. So, they won’t look any bigger on your wrist. Brighter and larger icons. Crown was nice with click feel while rotating. I felt the Milanese loop. Didn’t like the metallic feel and don’t think it would be comfortable for me. I go nowhere to need it anyway. Mine is on order with Apple, unless I find one locally before card is charged.

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
The lady said they had none and I was pissed and I asked the kid 3 behind me who wanted stainless steel and he got it so I said something and all of a sudden they had a gold one for me
[doublepost=1537545582][/doublepost]
So you’re taking stock from someone who actually wants that watch, knowing that you will return it, because you can’t wait 2 weeks to get the one you really want??

SMH.
Maybe when you wait 15 hours in line you can tell me what to do

dcpmark

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
The lady said they had none and I was pissed and I asked the kid 3 behind me who wanted stainless steel and he got it so I said something and all of a sudden they had a gold one for me
[doublepost=1537545582][/doublepost]
Maybe when you wait 15 hours in line you can tell me what to do
I would never tell anyone what to do, and I didn’t tell you what to do. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t misunderstanding whether or not you were just being a dick. Thank you for confirming my initial understanding, and feel free to continue to be a dick. It makes no difference in my life. But here’s a pro tip: when you are being a dick, don’t broadcast it. Then you are opening yourself up to others commenting about what a dick you are.

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
I would never tell anyone what to do, and I didn’t tell you what to do. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t misunderstanding whether or not you were just being a dick. Thank you for confirming my initial understanding, and feel free to continue to be a dick. It makes no difference in my life. But here’s a pro tip: when you are being a dick, don’t broadcast it. Then you are opening yourself up to others commenting about what a dick you are.
Pot meet kettle.;)

Reactions: Jeremy3292

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
At Apple Los Gatos they didn’t get a single stainless model other than a 40mm gold. Surprising
Looking at istocknow, that was the same for my three Apple stores in my region, no stainless models whatsoever, all Sport models. But then again, my stainless model will be delivered on Monday, which I’m glad in theory, I did not wait in line for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.