Lines across screen - anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cjmal, Oct 23, 2007.

1. cjmal macrumors 6502

Anyone else's phone have lines going across the screen? For some strange reason, it's only possible to see the lines while moving the phone around, not laying perfectly still on something. I tried taking a photo but it's impossible for the reason I just stated. When playing a video the lines go up and down and it looks something like this - http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3274/kupcopyfl8.jpg. I'm trying not the be picky here, but I don't understand why i'd settle for this if all of the iPod touch screens that i've seen look much better.

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I've seen lines across the screen while watching video, but it seemed related to the video-quality, or lack thereof.

On larger file sizes (higher bitrate) it is far less noticable on my iphone, only with super quick motion (on screen) is it discernable.

I thought initially it was related to the LCD or refresh rate, but having the composite video output, I was able to see it on my TV as well.

I dont' know if your video is coming from the itunes store, or your own rips, that might have something to do with it. (I don't have any itunes movies as of yet)