Lines along bottom of screen which stop apps working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vix1984, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Vix1984 macrumors newbie

Hi, I wondered if anyone recognises these little lines I have along the bottom of my iPhone 6? My toddler was messing around with my phone and the next thing I know, the 'phone', 'safari', 'mail' and 'music' icons have a grey bar across them with little vertical white lines across (see photo) and this stops me from meant able to open these 4 apps. When any apps are open, the screen works as normal but when I'm on the home screen and tying to click on one of these 4 apps, I have to press the app button a load of times and finally it responds. So annoying! A hard reset did nothing. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

So basically your dock becomes em...
    I don't see your vertical lines at all.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, I don't see any lines or any hidden apps--basically seems like some apps got moved out of the dock and the dock is just empty.

4. Vix1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Aug 19, 2016 ---
    Apologies - can you see them now?

Attached Files:

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Where would they be? I can't seem to see any vertical (or other) lines. Can you see them in that screenshot you attached? Can you describe or better yet point out exactly where they are? Perhaps it's more of a screen/digitizer issue on the actual phone, meaning it's a hardware issue of some sort and you might be better off contacting Apple about it?

6. Vix1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh how annoying - maybe they just don't show up on screen shots. I will photograph my iPhone screen with my iPad and login again!
    --- Post Merged, Aug 19, 2016 ---
    Here are the lines!

Attached Files:

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

looks like you are having a problem with the display. Have you taken it to an Apple Store?

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Those seem like a hardware issue of some sort. Contacting Apple or an authorized representative would likely be the best way to go when it comes to it all. You can certainly try something like the typical troubleshooting related to restarting, resetting all settings, perhaps restoring as new to see if that might somehow get things back to normal, but it doesn't seem as likely that any of those would do the trick when it comes to something like this.

9. Vix1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't yet as I'm away in France. I will do that when I get back - thanks.

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Screen shots will not show a screen problem if it is a hardware problem.