Lines at UPS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kupkakez, Sep 19, 2014.

1. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I ducked out of work to go pick up my 6+ and I couldn't believe they even had lines at UPS!

For anyone going to pick up make sure you take your tracking number and a photo ID. They will ask you for your tracking number and everything on the photo ID has to match the package. A guy in front of me was having a heck of a time picking up because some information did not match his driver's license.

For anyone that is curious this was in Austin, where I met a fellow MR frequenter whoever you were! :)

2. compg318 macrumors regular

The line at my UPS customer center (Rockdale,IL) only had two other people besides me (neither of which were picking up a phone). Was in and out in under 5 minutes.

3. kupkakez thread starter macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Probably had about 20 people in front of me when I got there at 9am. It went pretty quick. I heard one of the UPS workers state that they had all the iPhones on one section of shelving.

They opened promptly at 9 and I was out by 9:20, so not bad.

4. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

I went around 8:15am (it opened at 8) and was about the 8th or so person in line. Most picking up iphones. only had to show ID, and two people got refused because their name and address on ID didn't match the order. One was solved by having their mom text them a pic of her drivers license. other was SOL... it was in his moms name with his temporary address (which she doesn't live at and is not the address on his id). they said he could bring in a utility bill with his name and address but the bills are in his roommates name. he looked defeated :( I was there for about 20 minutes. they only had one person working the counter (with an additional person helping to locate package and enter info).

5. jeffg819 macrumors regular

A little more disorganized that I thought it'd be. There were about 20 in line behind me and 4 in front. Took about 20 minutes total. I don't think they were ready for so many so early. Will say the UPS folks were nice and clearly trying to do their best.

6. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

At my local UPS, when I arrived I was the only person there for an iPhone. There was one person in front of me but they got a really big box, seriously doubt it was phones. While the person was in the back another came in to get iPhones but that was all that I saw in there.

7. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

My center didn't open until 11 AM and I was the only person there. The woman behind the desk was moaning to another worker about how "hundreds of people put their damn iPhones on hold today".

Picked up my girlfriend's phone, even though she got to sleep on pre-order night! Mine is on its' way though =)

8. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

I went to the Customer Center around 11:30 (they opened at 9:00), and there was only one person in front of me. I was in and out in five minutes.