Lines in password fields?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheMacBookPro, Jun 6, 2010.

1. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Hey,

Whenever I enter a password, lines (or are they blocks?) show up rather than dots, whether in Gmail in Safari or logging in to purchase a book on the iBookstore or an app on the App Store.

Passwords are still accepted (ie only a cosmetic issue) but was just wondering whether it is a known problem.

Problem exists on both my WiFi and 3G model, both jailbroken OS 3.2, identical apps and settings on both. Language is English (US) and locale is United States on both Pads. The problem still exists if I change the language to Simplified Chinese and the locale to Hong Kong SAR, so it's not a language/locale issue.

Anyone know whether it's a known problem coming from a Cydia app or is it just a problem with my settings?

Picture showing the issue from my WiFiPad:

[​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

2. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

3. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

It's Cydia stealing your passwords!

No but prob does have to be from jail breaking it. My iphone is unlocked but I have yet to have a need to jailbreak my iPad so I cant say mine is doing this. Does it accept your passwords or does this keep it from going through?

4. TheMacBookPro thread starter macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

It accepts my passwords fine- just a 'cosmetic' issue.

Very strange. Does anyone else have this issue?

5. kepner macrumors 6502

It's probably one of the MobileSubstrate extensions you've installed that is causing this.

6. MRiOS macrumors regular

If You've changed any of the fonts to a customized one, then the answer lies in a certain character (the •) in the original Helvetica font got overwritten during the porting process. You may have to find a new port of the font, port it yourself, or live with the new bars instead of the • for passwords.
    (here's a guide for porting fonts if you wanted it: Link

7. TheMacBookPro thread starter macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

MRiOS: Thanks so much! Pressed restore default fonts in FontSwap and it now shows the dots properly. Seems strange that the LockClock font would affect it though (I only changed the LockClock font).

Thanks again.

EDIT: Changed the lock clock font again and now it works perfectly. Strange. Oh well. Works perfect now =)