Lines on Friday considering pre-orders?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sodner, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

So how bad will lines at Apple be Friday considering they took pre-orders this year?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

hard to judge. you could possibly argue it shouldn't be as bad as last year, but it is an all-new design with a larger screen. not to mention the fact that the six plus sold out very fast and people will probably line up to get one of those on launch day. so kinda like every iphone launch, pretty bad.

3. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I expect the lines will be ridiculously long. There are going to be a crap load of people trying to get the Plus and I expect them to be in very short supply. If you are looking for a plus, you had better line up early.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Lines are always long, preorder or not. However, Apple is very efficient and with lots of staff on hand they move quickly. Typically staff will distribute claim cards so you know the phone you want will be available when you get to the front.

5. Sodner thread starter macrumors 68020

Sodner

This year they are using a digital method for "tickets" and I'm loking for a 6 not a 6+ so perhaps I can get my digital ticket and come back later in the day.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I think that is part of their plan. Last year I actually showed up at Apple store around 9:30 and got a ticket for a 16gb - told it would be a few hours to get service.

Drove to ATT store, where I was about 5th person in around 11am and got my 32gb.

Called Apple a few times and finally got someone to say I would not be using my "ticket". He didn't care.

7. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Well let's see what Apple announces for preorder numbers tomorrow. Will they be higher that iphone 5 presales numbers or lower like the 5c?

8. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Maybe they will have 1 line for the 6 and 1 for the 6+. No,that would make too much sense,even for :apple:.

9. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Doubt it.