Lines on screen question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by McCaigBro, Feb 4, 2015.

1. McCaigBro macrumors newbie

Hello,

I noticed these lines on my screen the other night when I was watching the Super Bowl after I moved my computer from my room to my living room and my question is will they get worse over time?

I'm assuming that somehow between my walk between rooms I bumped into something that caused this, and while I can't see how it could have happened and don't remember hitting anything at all, I've accepted it because it could be way worse.

Also, when I move the screen up and down (open and close it) the amount of lines change and then sometimes almost all of them disappear, what's up with that?[​IMG]

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

The cable that connects the logic board to the screen runs through the hinge area.
    When you move the hinge (the screen angle changes), everything in the hinge area moves slightly - including the cable. Either the connection is not right, and might just be fixed by reseating the cable internally - or the cable itself is breaking down through use. It has a bunch of tiny wires in that cable, and those can begin to fail over time and through use (moving the lid) Replacing that cable will likely fix your issue. If you are in warranty, or you have AppleCare, it should be something that Apple will fix at no charge.

3. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

go to apple if your not an expert or just careful enough to check whats wrong on the inside.

4. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

You don't even know what model of MBP this is. Based on the size of the screen bezel it looks like a retina.

----------

This. If it's still in warranty take it to Apple.

5. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

don't look like a retina. But it could because we don't know what it is

6. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

The non-retina has a much larger screen bezel on the bottom.

7. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

oh, it looks similar when i compare it to my 13" mac but its probably my perception

8. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Which model doesn't matter too much, when that kind of display problem happens as you tilt the lid.
    It's the video cable, or the connections for that cable.
    If it is in warranty, Apple should fix it.

9. McCaigBro thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a 15' in Retina. My bad for not explaining that.