lingraphica (macbook?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AsylumCam, Nov 10, 2007.

1. AsylumCam macrumors newbie

I came across what I think is a Macbook the other day. Now, I know thats no big deal but I wonder if you can help identify it. It has a sticker on the top that says "Lingraphica" (but you can see the Apple logo under it) I know it was used for speech and its not very old at all. A year at most. I have not had a chance to power this up but I may go get it tomorrow.

Its white, quite small, 13 in screen maybe, it does have a built in camera, magnetic power connector, slot load CD or DVD. Thats all I know about it at this point. Anyone ever hear of one of these?

2. samuraikiss macrumors regular

It sounds like a MacBook with a sticker on it to me. Maybe I missed something, though?

3. AsylumCam thread starter macrumors newbie

Being fairly new to the Mac world ( I just got a white 24 in iMac a month ago) I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these (Lingrphica's). Are they a standard Macbook? or maybe a striped down version? I don't know if this company simply purchased Macbooks, slapped a sticker over the top and loaded their software or if they had more done to them before they went out. I know it boots right into the speech software and at that point does not look like a Mac. I remember this from when I first seen it.

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

Going to their website, it looks like they have used Macs for a while. One of the videos show them using an iBook... they make the machines for those with aphasia.

5. AsylumCam thread starter macrumors newbie

I picked the unit up today, It is a 1.8 Core Duo running Tiger. Its locked down to where I can not even open Safari. Nothing a format and reload will not take care of. Going to bump it up to 1Gb memory and use it as a very nice little laptop.

6. RBWENT macrumors newbie

Macbook Lingraphica

Have you tried any of the programs setup for the speech program? How were you so fortunate to find this macbook with lingraphica program and do you know of another? I'm in search of the program and computer.

7. smiley1slp macrumors newbie

Hi- I have a lingraphica laptop if you are still trying to locate one. You can email me off the list at smiley1slp@hotmail.com for more information. Thanks