Lining up at Apple 11/17

Discussion in 'iPad' started by robbyneal, Mar 16, 2011.

1. robbyneal macrumors member

I would like to hear about what others plan on doing tomorrow.

Also, my local apple store received shipment yesterday and will get more today. Apple employee stated that i should get there between 6 and 7, and will have limited supply. They have no idea what models they will have. I want the white wifi 32 gb only, but would take black. What are my chances of getting the right model and what time should I get there?

2. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

me... still looking for my replacement ipad... 64 gb black wifi... this $740 giftcard is burning a hole in my pocket.

considering i just need a replacement for my defective one... this is absurd...

3. goMac macrumors 603

Oh man, I'm getting up even earlier tomorrow, which will make me all the more annoyed if they have none.

4. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I went at 7am this morning and got what I wanted. Originally told myself before I went to sleep that I was just going to wait the month for mine to be shipped. Quickly talked myself out of that in the AM (thanks to this forum).

Just suck it up and go in at 6AM and hopefully they'll have what you want.
    DO NOT SHOWER, DO NOT STOP AT STARBUCKS. JUST GO!

5. tchizzle macrumors newbie

I ordered at B&H...and I am slowly talking myself out of it....

6. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

It's a crapshoot as far as what models they'll have, in my opinion. I'll be lining up early and buying just about any model, except for the 64gig, which is way more than I need. I just hope it's not the one morning they don't have one at all. Fingers crossed...

7. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

If you have the patience, wait. But you can always cancel your order...

8. robbyneal thread starter macrumors member

9. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

If I can't find one soon, I'll start lining up during spring break.

10. zenio macrumors 6502

After getting lucky at Target this morning, buying all three for the family. I'm taking the day off, since the two I ordered from Apple are being delivered. So now I have a couple to sell. Should be fun.

11. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

It's March, but you're already lining up in November?

12. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

He's waiting for the kick-ass iPad 3 :p

13. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

What the hell is 11/17 supposed to mean? Is that supposed to be a typo of 3/17? Are you typing with your feet?

14. goMac macrumors 603

OP lost his hands in a particularly violent iPad 2 line, you insensitive clod.

15. CBlake82 macrumors member

They didn't just let you keep the defective one? I got mine this morning and have the light bleed and corner damage issue. Took it in tonight and the genius told me that they aren't replacing anymore from the existing shipment due to these issues because there isn't a new batch yet. He noted my information and said that as soon as they get a new batch of replacements they will give a new one. Until then I get to kee this one.