Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pelop17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2015
Hello,
So i dont know how to get a product catalog from amazon, I would like to follow this community.dreamfactory.com/t/ios-barcose-scanner/723 But i dont know

a) How to get an api key with the product catalog from amazon

b) If i have to make an amazon associates account i must have a website but i dont want to create one since i want to use the data and import them to my app

c) How do i implement it to my xcode app? PLEASE HELP!!

JohnsonK

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2014
What is your experience level with iOS and Objective-C programming? Or perhaps Swift programming?

You are looking into their Product Advertising API, which I don't think it does what you are looking for.

Pelop17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2015
What is your experience level with iOS and Objective-C programming? Or perhaps Swift programming?

You are looking into their Product Advertising API, which I don't think it does what you are looking for.

I dont have much expirience with programming in xcode , i know python well,
I am looking to develop an app for iOS
What it will do?
Have a reminder option,
Barcode scanner with implemented amazon catalog might also put apple pay
Table list,
Location service with all the nearby supermarkets

Can you help me?

JohnsonK

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2014
So I suggest you to take a few steps back, look for tutorials, learn the basics, practice and then think about building a full fledged app like this one.

You can find great tutorials here:
http://www.raywenderlich.com

Be careful with tutorials on youtube, while some are pretty good, others are terrible.

Pelop17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2015
So I suggest you to take a few steps back, look for tutorials, learn the basics, practice and then think about building a full fledged app like this one.

You can find great tutorials here:
http://www.raywenderlich.com

Be careful with tutorials on youtube, while some are pretty good, others are terrible.

I won a giveway from geekylemon development a project from udemy... I am very satisfied with that
So you suggest me to fisrt see all the tutorials and then start working on that app?
Also do you know how i can do it?

JohnsonK

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2014
Not ALL the tutorials, but tutorials covering basic programming, and then tutorials targeting the area you intend to develop for

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
I dont have much expirience with programming in xcode , i know python well,
I am looking to develop an app for iOS

You might look into the Pythonista app, which will run on iPhone & iPad. You can develop an app in that on your iDevice, then export it to Xcode. Best of both worlds!

Pelop17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2015
You might look into the Pythonista app, which will run on iPhone & iPad. You can develop an app in that on your iDevice, then export it to Xcode. Best of both worlds!

Thanks a lot,
First i might get an api key from best buy which i think is more straight forward....rather than amazon
I want to develop and learn xcode thats my goal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.