Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
I originally ordered a SS with Link bracelet. Luckily I also ordered one with the sports band (black) which I received on Friday. I also have a seperate order on the bracelet. I have not seen any reports of people who got either the :apple: watch with the link bracelet yet, nor the stand alone bracelet. Looks like Apple has a production issue? Maybe they underestimate the effort that goes into producing this - read that it takes 9 hours and has a lot of manual work.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I anted the black stainless with link but can't have it as it waxes my arm. I was gutted but went for ss with milanise loop. Up side is I now have more strap choice.

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
Never understood the armhair discussions around the steel bands - but heard it many times on Podcasts. I have been wearing Swiss watches with steel bands for many years and this is a non issue and I would be surprised if it suddenly is a real issue with bands from Apple.

I anted the black stainless with link but can't have it as it waxes my arm. I was gutted but went for ss with milanise loop. Up side is I now have more strap choice.

linhromrom

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
I originally ordered a SS with Link bracelet. Luckily I also ordered one with the sports band (black) which I received on Friday. I also have a seperate order on the bracelet. I have not seen any reports of people who got either the :apple: watch with the link bracelet yet, nor the stand alone bracelet. Looks like Apple has a production issue? Maybe they underestimate the effort that goes into producing this - read that it takes 9 hours and has a lot of manual work.

what??? you already have your Black Sport band one? arhhhhhh you lucky American, most of us here in Australia ordered 1-2 minutes right after launch still get nothing. The Black band seems to be in short supply, some already get their blue, white band ones ...

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
Actually lucky German :) I ordered 9:00 local time through the app. It started at 9:00. Was happy to get it on Friday at pretty exactly 9:00 in the morning through DHL in Germany. But now waiting for the link band.

what??? you already have your Black Sport band one? arhhhhhh you lucky American, most of us here in Australia ordered 1-2 minutes right after launch still get nothing. The Black band seems to be in short supply, some already get their blue, white band ones ...

linhromrom

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
arhhh, cool acutally, so that means they dont follow the trends of US->UK-> then the rest of the world as I suspected. Its more like whoever first with whatever they have produced.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Never understood the armhair discussions around the steel bands - but heard it many times on Podcasts. I have been wearing Swiss watches with steel bands for many years and this is a non issue and I would be surprised if it suddenly is a real issue with bands from Apple.

Really depends on the band. Some have a gap regardless that allows it not to grab. Unfortunately the apple band feels like waxing.

elmo0629

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2012
Dallas, TX
I wanted the stainless steel link bracelet, but those models were shipping in 4 - 6 weeks and the black sports band models were in the launch date timeframe so switched to that since I wanted a sports band for casual occasions and weekends anyway. I ordered a link band, which had a shorter delivery window than the watch itself and would be delivered as soon as today. With that said it is still processing so I'm assuming I'll get it closer to the end of the two weeks than the beginning. Can't wait to get it though.

bizzy045

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
SS Silver Link Bracelet (Band Only)

I ordered the SS BSB because the SS Link Bracelet had a 4-6 week wait. So I ordered the band separate as that was due to ship between 4/29-5-12.

Anyone see any shipments/movement on this band? Mine is still processing, so just wondering. Got my watch today, and excited to put this band on it.

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
Same for me - in Germany it only says shipping in Germany and I ordered within the first minute of availability. For me the BSB just does not do it. Coming from a Rolex with the steel band, the BSB does not have the same appeal and heft to it. Really hope the link band will make the difference. At least in pictures it does. Have not seen one person who received either the band alone nor the watch with the band.

I ordered the SS BSB because the SS Link Bracelet had a 4-6 week wait. So I ordered the band separate as that was due to ship between 4/29-5-12.

Anyone see any shipments/movement on this band? Mine is still processing, so just wondering. Got my watch today, and excited to put this band on it.

Berenger

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
My order for a separate link bracelet hasn't changed
Stating April 29th-may 12 as shipping dates, but nothing...

bounou

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012

It's probably a safer choice, no telling how the process of making the watch black will hold up over time... i was really on the fence with Space Black SS as well but having to wait an extra month and it being 500$ cheaper made the ML loop an easy decision... of course i have 3 extra bands on order so far with a possible fourth so maybe i wont end up saving al that much money.

Gives me something to looking forward to for the next generation Apple Watch!

bizzy045

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
any updates for anyone? pretty crazy that no link bracelets have been shipped. hopefully we do get them by the 12th as the email states.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.