Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Picked up an OEM SBSS link bracelet from chargerstore on eBay. Happy with it for the first couple of weeks, but I’ve run into to a problem I was kinda concerned about from the get go. The curved links ending in points are sharp. They snag on fabric and actually look to have frayed the edge of one of my seatbelts. Anyone else had any issues with the bracelet? While I like it, I’m never going to use it if I’m constantly worried about it catching on things.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I have a Space Black Link Bracelet from the same buyer that I have owned and used daily for a couple of months and I have not noticed any issues of that type. There is nothing caught on my points and running my finger and cloth against it is not causing any snags.

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
Picked up an OEM SBSS link bracelet from chargerstore on eBay. Happy with it for the first couple of weeks, but I’ve run into to a problem I was kinda concerned about from the get go. The curved links ending in points are sharp. They snag on fabric and actually look to have frayed the edge of one of my seatbelts. Anyone else had any issues with the bracelet? While I like it, I’m never going to use it if I’m constantly worried about it catching on things.

I haven't had that issue with mine, pics? I don't wear it every day tho.

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
I haven't had that issue with mine, pics? I don't wear it every day tho.

2df0c9706698891e31b5f1e98fed835b.jpg

When the band is curved around my wrist and you run your finger down towards the clasp you can feel the sharpe pointy edges pretty good. And on woven fabric (seatbelts, backpack straps etc) it snags pretty good/easily.

Reactions: twanj

Ingenioutored

Suspended
May 16, 2019
2df0c9706698891e31b5f1e98fed835b.jpg

When the band is curved around my wrist and you run your finger down towards the clasp you can feel the sharpe pointy edges pretty good. And on woven fabric (seatbelts, backpack straps etc) it snags pretty good/easily.

Could you you take a pic of how well the band fits with the watch? As in where you insert the band into the watch? Is it flush with the channels?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Picked up an OEM SBSS link bracelet from chargerstore on eBay.

Looking at the first picture I don't have that gap at all and I have had my black SS link 1.5 years. Have you tried removing links and adding them back? Otherwise can you return it because it certainly looks defective.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
There shouldn't be that large of a gap between the links and the pointed ends of the links look like they are protruding out too far. I have the SS SB band that I purchased from Apple and it doesn't look like that.

I know many people have purchased from chargerstore, but are we absolutely certain these are OEM bands? Just because they have the engraving on them doesn't mean they aren't just really good knock offs. Regardless, you shouldn't be having those issues with that band if it is in fact OEM.

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
I’m pretty sure it’s OEM. I actually bought and returned the link bracelet from Apple before this. The edges felt pointy and sharp to me on both. And the gaps on the one from Apple were the same. In fact one of the things that had me return the Apple bought one was the gaps between the last links and the clasp were didn’t. One side was noticeably worse.

Probably too late to return at this point. And the shipping back may be super $$.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.