Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any idea on how to remove slight marks from the link?

I know it's a brushed SS so I was wondering if any of you knew how to remove the marks but still maintain the high gloss finish.

Thanks

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
For those interested. The Cape cod did nothing for the mark. Looks like it will require something more abrasive and then the Cape cod to shine it up.

Richard Feindel

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2015
For those interested. The Cape cod did nothing for the mark. Looks like it will require something more abrasive and then the Cape cod to shine it up.
I had the same issue with my link bracelet. Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish + microfiber cloth worked great.

before.JPG after.JPG

Esoom

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Colorado
I'm getting a kick out of seeing Mothers Mag polish being referenced, I've used it for decades, on mags :)

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Fairly shiny at first, but compared it to a friend's link bracelet and looks identical after the the sparkle/shininess wears off a bit.

In the picture you posted it appears to be quite a bit shinier than the original finish. I can't tell if it's just the lighting in the photo. I have the link bracelet and mine doesn't look shiny like that at all.

You stated that it looked identical to your friend's after the the sparkle/shininess wears off a bit. What did you do to cause the shininess to wear off?

I'm not trying to attack you, just want to get more of an explanation in case I were to ever do this. What if you had just removed the scratched link and only polished that one piece?

iEric007

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2007
Orange County, California
This might sound like a stupid question, but does anyone know if the Mother's Mag keeps the original shiny mirror finish on the actual Stainless Steel Watch? I got some scratches on my watch, but I am afraid of polishing it because I don't want to lose the mirror finish on it. I want that shiny glossy mirror original finish on the watch.

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
This might sound like a stupid question, but does anyone know if the Mother's Mag keeps the original shiny mirror finish on the actual Stainless Steel Watch? I got some scratches on my watch, but I am afraid of polishing it because I don't want to lose the mirror finish on it. I want that shiny glossy mirror original finish on the watch.
Best thing for that would be cape cod polishing cloths.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Mother's will leave a beautiful mirror finish.

thebuzz

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2015
A 99 cent nail buffer from the grocery store works perfectly for most stainless watch bands. Not sure about Apple's "special" stainless steel though.

Example:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.