Link Bracelet (SG) rattling

Nozuka

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
Hey Guys

Is it normal for the Link Bracelet to make a rattling noise when i receive messages?
I hope not, because it is very annoying...

Or did i just get a bad one?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Hey Guys

Is it normal for the Link Bracelet to make a rattling noise when i receive messages?
I hope not, because it is very annoying...

Or did i just get a bad one?
A bad link bracelet? Never heard of this. (And I own the regular and black link bands FTR). There might be some type of Haptic sensation you’re just not accustomed to, where the vibrations are resonating through the stainless steel.

Nozuka

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
Your bracelet is rattling? Do you mean the casing?
not sure how to explain it. but when the watch haptics are at work, the link bracelet makes a rattling sound. and i think it's coming from the links closest to the watch (non-detachable)
i don't have this with any other band. i can understand feeling the sensation and wouldn't have a problem with that. but normally noone knows when i'm getting a message. but this rattling is very much audible.

the word rattling comes to mind, because it sounds a bit like a chain.

so i'm guessing this is not normal?

Last edited:

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA
not sure how to explain it. but when the watch haptics are at work, the link bracelet makes a rattling sound. and i think it's coming from the links closest to the watch (non-detachable)
i don't have this with any other band. i can understand feeling the sensation and wouldn't have a problem with that. but normally noone knows when i'm getting a message. but this rattling is very much audible.

the word rattling comes to mind, because it sounds a bit like a chain.

so i'm guessing this is not normal?
Is it the Apple link bracelet? If it is, I have one and makes no rattles. If it’s a 3rd party one I won’t be able to know.

Reactions: Nozuka

Nozuka

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
It's an Apple one... guess i'm going to have to exchange it. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.