link bracelet unclasping on its own

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by EdisEdward, Sep 3, 2015.

1. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

has anyone had any experiences with the clasps getting undone during the day? this has happened to me regularly on a daily basis for the last 5-6 days. not sure if the clasp mechanisms are getting loose or if my skin/wrist is pushing the side buttons. anyone else have this problem?

2. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

3. WilliamG macrumors 604

Seems a little quick to come to that conclusion, no?

EdisEdward how long have you had the bracelet? Have you only had it for the 5-6 days it's been having this issue, or is this a new thing? Can you make it unclasp my wiggling it etc?

4. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

The link bracelet just can't be unclasped just by moving around. You have to specifically press both of the buttons together to unclasp it. So the OP's problem seems to be a defect.

5. JXShine macrumors 6502

JXShine

there is no conclusion to be reached. the clasp is defective.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There's no way the clasp coming undone on its own can be considered normal.

7. EdisEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

I had this for about 2-3 months now I believe. I do not wear it that much (maybe only on weekends usually). But this week I have been wearing it everyday. It only unbuckled on one side. And I usually catch it before it falls off my wrist. I tried wiggling, nothing happened right now though.

I guess no one else experienced this?

8. liquidocean macrumors newbie

i have a problem with the link bracelet, but its not the clasp. the links come undone without any pressure on the buttons on the inside.

sent it to apple, they cannot replicate, no replacement.
    worst 1300€ investment ever.

dont buy the link bracelet

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

My link bracelet that I waited for so long was hard to get to lock on one side and it unlocked on several occasions. There have been many threads on the hard to get locked thing in this forum.

And yes, Jay, I am glad I got the leather loop as it is more comfortable and adjustable in only a few seconds. It is an awesome band!

10. Roller macrumors 68020

I have a third-party link band. It's unlocked a few times, mostly when my wrist was bent so that one of the release buttons pressed against my skin. I'd expect the Apple band to be more secure, though.

11. WilliamG macrumors 604

I don't know where the buttons are located on the Apple link bracelet, but if you have...larger wrists with some link bracelets it's possible to press both sides of a link bracelet with your wrist to open it accidentally. That's what I'm getting at.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Unlike other bracelets, the buttons are totally flush so this is not possible.

13. WilliamG macrumors 604

In that case... :)

Time for a new bracelet!

14. redman042 macrumors 68020

I can't believe these accounts are typical. Apple should replace these on the spot. I've read plenty of accounts from happy link bracelet owners that have not had any issues. For $450 it better be absolutely perfect.

This is the band I want most, and will probably buy myself for Christmas (enjoying my leather loop for now), so I will be keeping an eye on reviews from those who own them.

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Typical? This is the first report of the locked clasp coming undone on its own. Others have had a bit of an issue in difficulty clasping it, but that's a different issue than the clasp (once actually secured) coming undone on its own. This points to a defective locking mechanism.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Like others, one side of my SB bracelet was very hard to latch. There were several occasions where that one side came loose and I think it was due to me not having it latched correctly.

If both sides are "really" latched/closed, I can not see it accidentally being un-latched easily.