Link College (.edu) Email To Mail App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ixtyr, May 28, 2012.

1. Ixtyr macrumors newbie

Hi.

So I recently got a new MacBook Pro laptop, and I'm pretty familiar with the system, as I've been running Macs for a few years now. However, I can't seem to be able to figure out how to combat this problem.

I've linked my Gmail and AOL email accounts, as well as my iCloud account, to the Mail app on my laptop. I can't, however, manage to get my other email (from college, it's pitt.edu) linked to the MacBook Pro app. I did it on my iPhone easily, just going through the Settings and then to "Other" email types, and manually inputting the IMAP and SMTP data, and it works fine on there. The Mac app doesn't work for that. I put the basic email info in, and it searches for the server for hours, and never tells me it fails. Then I tried to hit continue, and go and input everything manually (though I know from experience with a prior issue on an iPhone that that generally won't work), but the System Preferences freezes and I have to do a manual shut down of the entire system.

Help? I know all of the IMAP and SMTP data to input, I just can't seem to link it, and I know there must be a way somehow.

Thanks!

2. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Try putting in the wrong email or something to make it fail. When you hit continue it'll let you put in all the custom stuff.