Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swwack91

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
New Jersey
Hi all,

I'm working on a large, long-term research project with a partner and we're looking for a good way to share articles and readings with one another. We both love Pocket, but they don't have good sharing features. We could always make a new Pocket account for our project, but needing to log out of our personal accounts and into the research account negates the convenience of Pocket.

We're currently using Google Drive and saving PDFs of webpages into one of 2 folders, me sending to him and he sending to me. It's clunky and the fact that most websites have done away with "Printer Friendly" buttons makes the readings poorly formatted.

One of the major criteria for our solution is that it's iPad friendly. Right now, we can only read on iPad and can't send articles on iPad... and I guess that's alright.

Any suggestions?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You could share a Readability account and do what you want. Just install the Readability extension or bookmarklet and click when on a page you want to share. This will add the article to your account where it can be viewed in a desktop browser or the Readability iOS apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.