Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Hi all

Just installed Sierra public beta 2 and after the update an iTunes 12.5 update started but broke and now I am unable to open iTunes and no update is showing in the App Store.

I know the developers can access the individual packages and put the links on for them as I needed the same doing when the recovery disk update failed previously.

Can anyone be so kind as to shove the iTunes .pkg link on here so I can download it.

Thank You.

Agent2015

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
Sonoran Desert
Hi all

Just installed Sierra public beta 2 and after the update an iTunes 12.5 update started but broke and now I am unable to open iTunes and no update is showing in the App Store.

I know the developers can access the individual packages and put the links on for them as I needed the same doing when the recovery disk update failed previously.

Can anyone be so kind as to shove the iTunes .pkg link on here so I can download it.

Thank You.
Similar issue as yours except that it happened after installing Sierra developer beta 3. In my case iTunes 12.5 would not open. Simple fix as it turns out. I booted via my Sierra USB installer (based on beta 1) and ran Disk Utility/First Aid on my Sierra partition, in this case Hard Drive. After I rebooted, iTunes 12.5 worked normally. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.