Linker Command Failed Error, Please Help

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by loon3y, Sep 26, 2012.

1. loon3y, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012

loon3y macrumors 65816

Oct 21, 2011
    After another developer I'm working with sent me the new version he made adjustments to, i get a linker errors in my Xcode, i know i have fixe this before, but i forgot.

can anyone guide me to the solution??

heres the screen shot of it

i've replaced the T1Autograph signature folder but i still get an error saying "directory not found"

and replaced the libdtdev.a (linea pro SDK) just to see if it did anything and it didn't

does anyone know a solution?
  2. forum user macrumors regular

Aug 28, 2008
    There are spaces in the path. Escape them with backslash or enclose the path with quotation marks
  3. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68040

Sep 2, 2008
    The problem is that the linker is looking for the armv7s code in the libdtdev.a file and isn't finding it. armv7s is the processor on the iPhone5 and the developer tools to generate it are the Xcode 4.5 tools.

To fix this you either need to get a new version of this library that was built with the latest tools and includes the armv7s architecture or you need to remove the armv7s build from your app that is using this library. For a long term solution you will want to get the new library. For a short term solution you may want to remove armv7s from your project.