Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington dies.

vkd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2012
3 kids with present wife, 1 with previous wife, another kid from before that, an adopted kid to boot, obviously this guy had been searching for happiness and pleasure in life but unfortunately he searched in the darkness of the material energy, which is temporary and full of suffering; for that reason the results gained are never fully satisfying and can, as in this case, ultimately cause terminal depression. Present modality of thinking rejects self-realisation, transcendence and spiritual upliftment in favour of sectarian belief systems such as atheism.

Last edited:

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
3 kids with present wife, 1 with previous wife, another kid from before that, an adopted kid to boot, obviously this guy had been searching for happiness and pleasure in life but unfortunately he searched in the darkness of the material energy, which is temporary and full of suffering; for that reason the results gained are never fully satisfying and can, as in this case, ultimately cause terminal depression. Present modality of thinking rejects self-realisation, transcendence and spiritual upliftment in favour of sectarian belief systems such as atheism.
You are not seriously blaming this on atheism, are you? I'm pretty sure Chester was a Christian, or at least spiritual in some form. Nothing I've found indicates he was atheist. Get out of here with that nonsense.

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
Shocked and saddened by this. Honestly I haven't kept up with their music for a long time but, Hybrid Theory was the first CD I ever purchased. I listened to that album on repeat countless times. I still have it, time to give it another spin.

vkd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2012
You are not seriously blaming this on atheism, are you? I'm pretty sure Chester was a Christian, or at least spiritual in some form. Nothing I've found indicates he was atheist. Get out of here with that nonsense.
I did not pin anything on the deceased, I was speaking generally. Main point is, being diverted from the real goal of life by temporary grossly material results, many are lost in illusion and attain unsatisfactory results such as frustration, anxiety, depression, confusion, etc.

QuantumLo0p

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2006
U.S.A.
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe there has not been any reliable information, posted in this thread, as to Bennington having clinical depression, situational depression or a combination thereof. Perhaps going out on a limb again...nor is anyone in this thread a close personal friend of his so everything is pure conjecture until his family or the coroner sees fit to release any information.

I sincerely hope Bennington has found peace, and if anything is safe to say, his loved ones probably need it quite badly right now.