Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington dies.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MacNut, Jul 20, 2017.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

2. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

3. Mike Oxard macrumors 6502a

Mike Oxard

4. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

Very sad.

Saw them literally two weeks ago with my girlfriend as she's been wanting to see them live for years.

Little did we know we'd be at the last Linkin Park concert he would ever perform in...

5. vkd, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017

vkd Suspended

vkd

3 kids with present wife, 1 with previous wife, another kid from before that, an adopted kid to boot, obviously this guy had been searching for happiness and pleasure in life but unfortunately he searched in the darkness of the material energy, which is temporary and full of suffering; for that reason the results gained are never fully satisfying and can, as in this case, ultimately cause terminal depression. Present modality of thinking rejects self-realisation, transcendence and spiritual upliftment in favour of sectarian belief systems such as atheism.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You are not seriously blaming this on atheism, are you? I'm pretty sure Chester was a Christian, or at least spiritual in some form. Nothing I've found indicates he was atheist. Get out of here with that nonsense.

7. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

Shocked and saddened by this. Honestly I haven't kept up with their music for a long time but, Hybrid Theory was the first CD I ever purchased. I listened to that album on repeat countless times. I still have it, time to give it another spin.

8. vkd Suspended

vkd

I did not pin anything on the deceased, I was speaking generally. Main point is, being diverted from the real goal of life by temporary grossly material results, many are lost in illusion and attain unsatisfactory results such as frustration, anxiety, depression, confusion, etc.

9. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe there has not been any reliable information, posted in this thread, as to Bennington having clinical depression, situational depression or a combination thereof. Perhaps going out on a limb again...nor is anyone in this thread a close personal friend of his so everything is pure conjecture until his family or the coroner sees fit to release any information.

I sincerely hope Bennington has found peace, and if anything is safe to say, his loved ones probably need it quite badly right now.

10. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Very sad, when the wife saw this she actually gasped. Not something you would expect. I really dig their music and especially his voice......

One of my favorites:

RIP Mr. Bennington.