Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsnuff1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
NY
this one is driving me insane. I have an external framework which I have installed in my project folder and have linked it under the frameworks section in Xcode. The programe compiles and runs fine under the simulator, but as soon as I try to compile under the device setting it fails on the linking step, and tells me there are no symbols for all the refrences to the external framework.

Why would the linking to this framework work correcty under the simulator and not the device build setting. It makes absolutly no sense, and I have no idea on what to do to fix it.

Has anyone had simaler problems or know what would cause this issue and any fixes?

Thanks!

ghayenga

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
this one is driving me insane. I have an external framework which I have installed in my project folder and have linked it under the frameworks section in Xcode. The programe compiles and runs fine under the simulator, but as soon as I try to compile under the device setting it fails on the linking step, and tells me there are no symbols for all the refrences to the external framework.

Why would the linking to this framework work correcty under the simulator and not the device build setting. It makes absolutly no sense, and I have no idea on what to do to fix it.

Has anyone had simaler problems or know what would cause this issue and any fixes?

Thanks!

You need to create a new copy files build phase and add your framework to it and have it copy to the frameworks folder of the iphone.

jsnuff1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
NY
This wouldn't work for a distribution release since the app has to be self contained. The framework is included in the project folder so it should be able to extract whatever binaries it needs and include them in the app bundle. This is what happens under the simulator build setting and works fine but for some reasons the links get lost under device the device setting.

jsnuff1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
NY
well i tried the copy build phase, and i still get the linker errors...i can see that its correctly copying the framework into my app bundle too....

this is ridiculous...what else can I do other than just using the source of the framework within my project and not link the framework at all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.