Linking errors - what gives!

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by beardedpig, May 18, 2009.

  1. beardedpig macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2008
    #1
    I have modified and run the SpeakHere app from Apple on the simulator and it works a treat, no error, just working perfectly.

    Now I am trying to deploy on the iPhone but get a linking error resulting in 26 errors!

    They all start similar to: "_AudioSessionInitialize", referenced from...

    Then some like "_AudioFileGetProperty", referenced from AQPlayer::SetupNewQueue() in AQPlayer.o

    Sometimes in the past I have found the problem lies in the Targets-Copy Bundle Resources or Targets-Compile Sources but cannot see much here?

    Then I read files that are c++ (.mm in the classes list) may be the cause?

    If I change in Compile Sources the file AQPlayer.mm to AQPlayer.cpp the errors reduce to 6 but they make no sense and are buried in the Apple .h files which should not be so.

    Then I change AQRecorder.mm to .cpp and the error list grows to 2000!!

    The application runs perfect in the simulator so something silly is missing here I am sure

    Thanks
     
  2. beardedpig thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2008
    #2
    In Xcode under Target right click your project and select Get Info

    Click the Build tab

    Scroll down to Search Paths and remove the entry against Framework Search Paths.

    Clear your targets and build and all should be well :)
     

Share This Page